(or what you need to agree to, in order to participate in this event)
1. Eligibility: The BEYOND contest (the "Contest") is open to anyone who is at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of StevenBe, the BeYond Sponsors, and Halos of Hope, Board Members, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors:StevenBe, 3448 Chicago Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55407; XRX, Inc. 2704 West 3rd Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57105, Louet North America, 3425 Hands Rd, Prescott, Ontario, Canada, K0E 1T0, WEBS, America's Yarn Store, 75 Service Center Rd, Northampton, MA 01060,Halos of Hope, 20987 N. John Wayne Parkway #B104-432, Maricopa, AZ 85139 (Sponsors)
3. Timing: Registration for the Contest begins on August 5, 2016 at 08:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on July 2, 2017 at 09:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period"). The rules for entering are given below. Halos of Hope Inc's server and time stamp solution is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit http://www.halosofhope.org/beyond. Complete the contest entry and release form and send your donation to Halos of Hope, 20987 N. John Wayne Parkway #B104-432, Maricopa, AZ 85139. You will receive an acknowledgement of your entry via email (preferred) or direct mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, please send a notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acknowledgements will be reviewed and processed within 72 hours of receipt, if a donation toward the contest has been received.
5. Award Decisions: Steven Berg, owner of StevenBe and Pamela Haschke, Founder of Halos of Hope (the Administrators) will make any and all final decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner(s). Their decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. In addition, the Sponsors, may, in their discretion, determine that an entry is ineligible for the contest. Donations determined to be ineligible will be returned to the donor, and the admission will not be considered or acknowledged as an entry to the Contest. Verification of returned entries will be validated by returned USPS, UPS and/or Fed Ex tracking numbers. Administrators will randomly select a potential Contest winner from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, on or around the final Market day of Stitches Midwest, 2017. Additionally, an award (or awards) may be given to the 'best in show' entrant as determined by popular vote during the Stitches Midwest, 2017 event. Potential winner(s) will be notified by mail, email or phone within five business days after the completion of the contest determination drawing. Potential winner(s) may be required to sign and return to Halos of Hope, Inc., within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner(s) may forfeit prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Any/all prizes will be awarded upon validation and verification of eligibility.
6. Prize: Prizes will be awarded in three categories - Ambassador's Selection, Founder's Selection and Best in Show. Prizes will be equivalent to other prizes which have been offered for previous Sponsors events. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning this Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Registration Period. Incidental costs outside of those described in the final prize package(s) are not included. In the event that the awarded prize is not used in full, the cash equivalent will NOT be awarded or credited to the winner.
7. Release: Once donation is acknowledged by Sponsors, donor releases all rights to the work product. All donations received and acknowledged will be auctioned off to benefit Halos of Hope. 100% of auction proceeds will be used and applied toward the 2018 shipping budget. Donor acknowledges that he/she has not infringed upon any copyright of an existing pattern and that the work product received is eligible for sale and auction. Any copyright infringement identified will render the donor ineligible for any prizes, recognition of awards, even if identified after eligibility is confirmed. Donor is responsible for ensuring any existing pattern can be replicated and used for this purpose; and will release and hold harmless the Sponsors from any identified infringement. Upon receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes donor or winner's consent to Sponsors' and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsors reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors
reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsors will also enforce any trademark or copyright infringements to the full extent and provisions of any national, regional or local laws.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that the additional entry can be received via USPS, UPS or FedEx prior to the conclusion of the Contest on July 2, 2017 at 09:59 pm PT No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Arizona Court located in Pinal County, Arizona.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
12. Your information: Donor's information (submitted via the Halos of Hope website: www.halosofhope.org/beyond), or in any submissions onsite during a Stitches Market event will NOT be shared with third parties. However the Sponsors reserve the right to send entrants additional information (via e-mail and/or regular mail) regarding this Contest or similar products and/or services included in the prize package.
13. Raffle Winner Results: The winner(s) of this Contest will be posted no later than 10 Business days after the end of the Contest Period at http//www.halosofhope.org/beyond and on any other social media venues the Sponsors wish to use.
A 501c(3) registered corporation "Halos of Hope" is a registered trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. Any use of the name, our logo, or associated language, without expressed written permission, is strictly prohibited.